A fun, multi-day “adventure” for children 16 mos. – 3 years old that incorporates elements of Music, Movement and Hands-on activities. Our Tot program allows children to develop their communication, concentration, self esteem and social skills. Class time consists of creative play, artistic expression, music, experiments, games, and stories supplemented with computerized SmartBoard technology. Each lesson utilizes focused play opportunities geared toward children’s interests and curiosities. These activities are designed to educationally enhance skill development and assure the continuum of learning.
Literacy – Topics will explore; Types of Writing, Speaking & Listening skills, American Sign Language, Spanish, Phonics, and Interpreting Text.
· Speaking & Listening: Vocabulary building, “position Words”, sequencing, 2-step directions, responding with understanding,
remembering events, asking questions & re-telling stories.
· Writing: Describing details in a picture, recognizing name in print, making marks/scribbles on paper, and exploring different
· Spanish & American sign programs: Utilizes animated interactive child stories on DVD, CD, audio tapes, activities, and songs to teach basic words and concepts.
· Phonics: Letter names and letter sounds through a variety of multi-sensory tools appealing to visual, auditory and Kinesthetic
· Reading: Letter identification, book orientation, and symbols.
Social Studies – Topics will explore; People, Rulers, Rights and Responsibility, Economics, Maps and History.
· People: All about me, similarities and differences.
· Rulers, Rights and Responsibility Rrules, roles in the family and classroom, conflict resolution, positive reinforcement, group play.
· Community: Where food, toys and clothes come from and props for role playing.
· Geography: Function of different rooms and locations, identifying roads, land, water, streams, oceans, etc.
Science – Topics will explore; Earth science, Physical Science, Plants, Biology, Animals, Technology and Astronomy.
· Earth Science: Rocks, soil, types of earth, weather and seasons.
· Physical Science: Push/pull toys, ramps, magnets & other simple technology.
· Biology: The human body, living vs. non-living things and the five senses.
· Chemistry: Properties of objects, and making mixtures.
· Astronomy: Day vs. night, moon, and stars.
Creativity – Topics will explore; drawing, dimension, plays, inventions and music & movement.
· Visual Arts: Creating art that they can identify, exploring materials.
· Dramatic Play: Real vs. make believe, pretend play, role playing.
· Music & Movement: Song rhythm, tempo, making sounds, playing instruments, dancing, coordination.
Multi-Cultural – Activities will explore; India, Mexico, Australia, Egypt, New America, Greece and Ireland. Within each of the 8 countries, children will explore weather, customs, animals, clothes, foods and languages.
Curious Kids Preschool is a Keystone STAR 3 program. We apply the knowledge of child development, learning styles and Pennsylvania state standards to our curriculum and policies to ensure that our programs are developmentally appropriate for each individual student. Children are provided a safe environment where they learn through active exploration, interaction with other children and adult guidance. All programs are child-centered; fostering the development of creativity, self-confidence, independence, respect for self and others, communication and school readiness. In addition to our daily curriculum, we supplement your child’s experiences with our ”Extended classroom”. These include but are not limited to; Einstein Healthy food program, local animal programs, community helpers, astronomy programs & more.
Each day the students at Curious Kids Preschool will participate in exciting enrichment programs. Teachers will activate the student’s curiosity utilizing interactive games, hands on activities, technology and other supplemental materials. Each child is paced based on their own skill level.
Lessons will focus on types of Writing, Speaking & Listening skills, American Sign Language, Spanish, Phonics, and Interpreting Text. *The types of writing unit focuses on non-fiction, fiction, symbols & logos, using letters to label work and writing name. *The speaking & listening unit focuses on discussions, elaboration &details and turn taking in conversations. *The Spanish & American sign programs utilizes animated interactive child stories on DVD, CD, audio tapes, activities, and songs to teach basics words and concepts. *The Phonics program focuses on letter names, letter sounds and combinations, through a variety of multi-sensory tools appealing to visual, auditory and Kinesthetic learners. *The interpreting literature unit focuses on parts of a story, orientation, fact vs. fiction and predictions. Social Studies Lessons will focus on People, Rulers, Rights and Responsibility, Economics,Maps and History. *The People unit focuses on all about me, similarities and differences,customs, culture and self pride. *The Rulers, Rights and Responsibility focuses on rules, roles in the family and classroom, conflict resolution, being a good leader and community helpers. *The Economics unit focuses on equality, value ,the act of earning money &manufacturing. *The Maps unit focuses on land vs. water, simple maps, and concept of community. *The History unit focuses on past vs. present and sequencing events. Science Lessons will focus on Earth science, Physical Science, Plants, Biology, Animals, Technology and Astronomy. The Earth science unit focuses on recycling, buoyancy, weather, water cycle,energy and seasons. ThePhysical science focuses on mixtures, magnets and molecules. The Plants unit focuses on life cycles and parts. The Biology unit focuses on the human body, living vs. non-living, genetics and basic needs. The Animals unit focuses on life cycles, endangered species, vertebrates &invertebrates. The Technology unit focuses on manual & electrical technologies and technology used in everyday life. The Astronomy unit focuses on the moon, planets and stars. Creativity – Lessons will focus on drawing, dimension, plays, inventions and music & movement. The Drawing unit focuses on colors, painting, crayons, pencils, water colors. Dimension focuses on sculptures, art from objects and cultural art. The Dramatic Play unit focuses on Fantasy vs. real, talking with expression and role playing The Inventions unit focuses on colors, problem solving, representation, story construction The Music & Movement unit focuses on different forms and moods of music, instruments and music expression. Multi-Cultural – Lessons will focus on India, Mexico, Australia, Egypt, New America, Greece and Ireland. Within each of the 8 countries, children will explore climate, customs, cultures, landmarks, animals, foods and languages.
Our preschool age program lets children 3 – 4-1/2 years old to be creative and exploratory through daily hands-on projects. Throughout the curriculum children utilize an integrated learning approach of listening, speaking, emergent literacy skills, visual, auditory and kinesthetic practices. They work on positive communication skills, cross-cultural activities (in the areas of science, math, social studies, music & art), multicultural awareness, critical thinking and creative expression. Extensive vocabulary, letter & number recognition, letter sounds, self regulation and presentation skills are just some of the skills addressed to assure the continuum of learning.